Main Article Content
The spiritual guidance of reproductive health and safety is oriented towards strengthening moral and religious values in addressing adolescent reproductive health problems with an approach on several aspects, such as preventive, curative, rehabilitative, and developmental. The booklet is a medium of guidance/learning that can attract interest and help teenagers understand the guidance material. This study aimed to determine the effect of the spiritual guidance of reproductive health care professionals by booklets on changes in adolescent attitudes towards dating status in premarital sexual behavior. A combination of qualitative and quantitative experimental research with a pre-experimental design, one group pretest-posttest, with a total sample of 26 adolescents, selected a purposive sampling technique. The spiritual guidance intervention used booklets for six meetings with 60-90 minutes each meeting within 2 months. Data were collected through pre-test and post-tests using interview sheets and Likert scale questionnaires. Data were analyzed qualitatively and statistically tests using the Wilcoxon test. The results showed that the sexual behavior of adolescents in dating was including holding hands, embracing the arms/shoulders and waist, hugging, kissing cheeks and lips, stroking the head, laying on the partner's thighs, and having sex with condoms. Then, from the statistical test, the negative ranks between the pre-test and post-test values were 0. Meanwhile, the positive ranks between the pre-test and post-test values indicated that 24 respondents with a positive value and a mean rank value of 13.00, and 2 respondents with a pre-post value remain the same. The Wilcoxon test shows the p-value (sig) 0.000 <0.05. Thus, the spiritual guidance of reproductive health care professionals using booklets significantly affected changes in adolescent attitudes towards dating status in premarital sexual behavior.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with Poltekita : Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License.
Poltekita : Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License
You are free to:
- Share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- 1. Ministry of Health, RI. (2015). Infodatin: The situation of adolescent reproductive health . South Jakarta: Data and Information Center of the Indonesian Ministry of Health .
- 2. Wellisch, L., & Chor, J. (2015). Adolescent Girls and Abortion. PEDIATRIC ANNALS, 44. https://doi.org/10.3928/00904481-20150910-12
- 3. Lestari, P., Pratiwi, E. A. & Wasliah, I. (2019). Adolescent Knowledge of Premarital Sexual Behavior. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.32584/jika.v0i0.360.
- 4. Misrina, & Safira, S. (2020). The Relationship Of Knowledge And Adolescent With Premarital Sex Behavior In Middle School Of 2 Mereudu District Meurah Two Pidie Jaya District . Journal of Healthcare Technology and Medicine Universitas Ubudiyah Indonesia , 6 .
- 5. Ministry of Health, RI. (2018). InfoDatin: The General Situation of HIV/AIDS . South Jakarta: Data and Information Center of the Indonesian Ministry of Health.
- 6. Profile of the South Sulawesi Provincial Health Office. (2017). Profile of the South Sulawesi Provincial Health Office 2017.
- 7. BKKBN. (2017). Demographic and Health Survey: Adolescent Reproductive Health 2017. National Population and Family Planning Agency,1–606. http://www.dhsprogram.com.
- 8. Manning, W.D., Longmore, A.A., Copp, J., & Giordano, P.C., (2014). The Complexities of Adolescent Dating and Sexual Relationship: Fluidity, Meaning(s), and Implications for Young Adults’ Well-Being. New Dir Child Adolesc. 10.1002/cad.20060
- 9. Parmawati, I., Nisman, W.A., Lismidiati, W., & Mulyani, S. (2020). Efforts to Reduce Premarital Sexual Activities Through Gender Equality-Based Reproductive Health Education. Indonesian Journal of Community Engagement. http://doi.org/ 10.22146/jpkm.38144
- 10. Sahrazi, A. R. & Arifin, Z. (2019). Student Dating Sexual Behavior Case Study at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Makassar State University. Journal of Sociology Education Socialization-FIS UNM. https://ojs.unm.ac.id/socialization/article/viewFile/13346/7812
- 11. Wilda, E. (2019). Islamic Counseling (2nd Edition). Yogyakarta: Psychosine.
- 12. Putri, D. W. L. & Sanaputri, R. (2019). Premarital Sex and its Handling Behavioral Perspectives and Islamic Counseling. Qawwam , 13 . https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.20414/qawwam.v13i2.1730
- 13. Qureshi, N. A., Khalil, A. A., Alsanad, S. M. (2018). Spiritual and Religious Healing Practices: Some Reflections from Saudi National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Riyadh. Journal of Religion and Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10943-018-0677-0
- 14. Susilowati, D. (2016). Health Promotion (Print Nursing Teaching Materials Module) (1st CET). Jakarta: Health Human Resources Center.
- 15. Schiller, Y., Schulte, K. G., Eberle, S. R., Maier, B., & Allgaier, A.-K. (2013). Increasing Knowledge About Depression in Adolescents: Effects of an Information Booklet. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 49. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-013-0706-y
- 16. Aridona, J. (2017). The Relationship Between Spiritual Intelligence And Emotional Maturity With Adjustment In Adolescents. ISSN:2548-4044. Psychoislamedia Journal of Psychology.
- 17. Darmawan , A. I. & Wardhaningsih , S. (2020) . Spiritual Roles Related to Adolescent Social and Sexual Behavior. Journal of Mental Nursing FIKKes University of Muhammadiyah and PPNI Central Java. DOI: https://doi.org/10.26714/jkj.8.1.2020.75-82
- 18. Suwarni, L., & Selviana. (2015). Adolescent Premarital Sex Initiation and Influencing Factors. Journal of Public Health. https://doi.org/10.15294/kemas.v10i2.3378
- 19. Kuswatun, E., Nurjannah, N. & Depriansya , D. (2021) . Islamic Counseling With Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Cbt) Approach To Overcome Juvenile Delinquency . Journal of Contemporary Islamic Counseling . ISSN (p): 2776-6470 . ISSN (e): 2776-6586 . https://alisyraq.pabki.org/index.php/jcic/
- 20. Wahidin , (2017) . Spirituality and Happiness in Late Adolescence and Its Implications in Guidance and Counseling Services . Journal of Innovative Counseling: Theory, Practice & Research . https://umtas.ac.id/journal/index.php/innovative_counseling/
- 21. Tumanggor, R. O. & Mularsih, H. (2020). Relationship of Spiritual Well-Being and Emotional Intelligence on Tolerance for Adolescents. Journal of An-Nafs: Psychological Research Studies Vol. 5. DOI:10.33367/psi.v5i2.958
- 22. Soura, A. B., Lankoande, Y. B., Sanogo, S., Compaore, Y. & Senderowicz, L. (2018 ) Understanding premarital pregnancies among teenagers and young women in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Cogent Social Sciences.Https://doi.org/10.1080/23311886.2018.1514688
- 23. Muhammad , N. A., Shamsuddin, K., Sulaiman, Z., Amin, R. R. & Omar, K. (2016). Role of Religion in Preventing Youth Sexual Activity in Malaysia: A Mixed Methods Study . A Journal of Religion and Health . DOI: 10.1007/s10943-016-0185-z
- 24. Ghaffari, M., Gharghani, Z. G., Mehrabi, Y., Ramezankhani, A. & Movahed, M. (2016). Premarital Sexual Intercourse-Related Individual Factors Among Iranian Adolescents: A Qualitative Study Iran. Red Crescent Med J. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.21220
- 25. Raharjo, S. S. ( 2014). The Influence of Spiritual and Environmental Intelligence on Adolescent Attitudes About Premarital Sex at Smk Batik 1 Surakarta. Prodi.Kedokteran Keluarga UNS Pascasarjana.
- 26. Pratiwi, D. A. (2017). The Effectiveness of Giving Booklets Towards Knowledge Levels And Attitudes To Prevent Hiv And Aids In Adolescents Of Class VIII Students At Smpn 1 Cangk Lightweight Sleman. Program Studi Bidan Pendidik Jenjang Diploma IV Fakultas Ilmu Kesehatan Universitas ‘Aisyiyah Yogyakarta
- 27. Mieke, D. N. (2017). The Effectiveness of Media Booklets About the Impact of Pornography on Knowledge and Attitudes of Santun Untan Pontianak High School Students. Program Studi Kesehatan Masyarakat, Fakultas Ilmu Kesehatan, Universitas Muhammadiyah Pontianak